The Canadian Opera Company (COC) aims to bring the transformative experience of opera to our local, national, and global audience every day of the year.
In accordance with our COC365 Strategic Plan, the COC is reimagining and expanding its organizational structure—from digital to physical—by creating a new and highly collaborative Philanthropy & Audiences department. This is a paradigm-shifting moment for the organization, offering an opportunity for increased impact and greater integration of the diverse efforts and programs by which audiences learn about, engage with, and support the COC.
To help achieve this goal, the COC is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented Web Manager to join our dynamic team. Reporting directly to the Director, Brand & Content, the successful candidate will contribute to the development and execution of the COC’s digital plans across web, email, our mobile app, as well as emerging opportunities for digital audience engagement.
Development and maintenance of COC websites, mobile app and other interactive tools:
- Champion and promote a digital mindset across departments by helping to envision and enact digital dimensions of larger organizational objectives
- As part of the Brand & Content team, participate in content planning, content design, creation, and dissemination
- Liaise with Philanthropy & Audiences; General Director; Director, Brand & Content; and digital partners to develop and implement new initiatives
- Ensure functionality of all delivered CMS modules and initiatives; train designated staff across company in their use
- Coordinate the creation and maintenance of content for coc.ca, and learn.coc.ca, including COC News
- Build auxiliary websites that can be integrated into the existing CMS
- Maintain and grow functionality of the COC’s app
- Working with Director, Brand & Content, provide insight into content strategies and coordinate content for the COC’s interactive wall
- Act as principal point of contact and day-to-day manager of external digital partners including digital agencies, CMS provider, CMS developer, email marketing provider, and creative agency of record
Implementation of all outgoing email marketing campaigns:
- Create, write, and build email templates using WordFly
- Distribute multiple email communications initiatives throughout each season
- Implement strategies to grow audience contact list and increase traffic to coc.ca and the COC app
- Develop and maintain automated customer service and communications campaigns such as performance reminders and abandoned cart emails
- Provide guidance on email privacy laws such as CASL
Analytics and planning:
- Analyze effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns and initiatives through Google Analytics and other available tools
- Contribute to planning for all COC digital properties, including TNEW, the COC App, coc.ca, learn.coc.ca and the COC’s interactive wall
- Sit on the Tessitura working group/committee and provide perspective on web and email integration
- Keep the company informed of critical updates to the website, the CRM, and stay ahead of larger trends and new regulations such as AODA compliance and regional privacy laws
- Minimum three years’ experience in digital marketing including experience with email marketing, and managing responsive websites using content management systems
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in Photoshop, Premiere Pro, HTML5 and CSS, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office, as well as a proven ability to learn new software and platforms quickly and efficiently
- Experience with Tessitura highly desired
- REST API fluency
- Experience with reporting (selection criteria for inclusions/exclusions) and campaign tracking
- Demonstrated capacity to collect, understand, and leverage data to inform user-centric content design, user experience, and audience engagement initiatives
- Extremely high attention to detail and consistency
- A love of music and the performing arts; an appreciation of opera is an asset
- An outgoing personality, creative flair, and a proven ability to think about the user experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A strong understanding of and an active personal and professional use of social media and other digital communications tools
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a large team, set priorities, as well as manage people and multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required to assist at select performances and events
This is a full-time position with benefits.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN OPERA COMPANY
Based in Toronto, the Canadian Opera Company is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the largest in North America. The COC enjoys a loyal audience support-base and one of the highest attendance and subscription rates in North America. Under its leadership team of General Director Alexander Neef and Music Director Johannes Debus, the COC is increasingly capturing the opera world’s attention. The COC maintains its international reputation for artistic excellence and creative innovation by creating new productions within its diverse repertoire, collaborating with leading opera companies and festivals, and attracting the world’s foremost Canadian and international artists. The COC performs in its own opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, hailed internationally as one of the finest in the world. Designed by Diamond Schmitt Architects, the Four Seasons Centre opened in 2006. For more information on the COC, visit coc.ca.
Interested persons are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via e-mail or mail, stating salary expectations:
Manager, Human Resources
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E. Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
The Canadian Opera Company thanks, in advance, all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The COC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Date Posted: June 27, 2018