TICKET SERVICES REPRESENTATIVES
The Canadian Opera Company (COC) is looking for energetic, articulate, and dynamic Ticket Services Representatives to join the Ticket Services team.
Ticket Services Representatives are responsible for performing the day-to-day duties of the Ticket Services Office. Hours are predominantly between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m., some evening and weekend shifts are required as well as working in two locations.
Start dates will be January 7, 2019.
- Processing ticketing orders by phone, mail, internet, and in person
- Answering customer queries
- Giving courteous service to all patrons
- Assisting with related clerical and administrative tasks
- Executing all duties with accuracy
- Expanding their opera knowledge
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid working knowledge of computerized ticketing system, preferably Tessitura, along with excellent computer literacy in Microsoft systems
- Minimum 12 months experience working in a ticketing office or venue box office environment that requires regular patron contact and responsibility for cash management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a professional telephone manner
- Must be able to work in a fast‐paced environment and deal with customer service issues calmly and courteously.
- Ability to problem solve with diplomacy, tact and with a sense of urgency
- Understanding and familiarity with AODA requirements
Based in Toronto, the Canadian Opera Company is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the largest in North America. The COC enjoys a loyal audience support-base and one of the highest attendance and subscription rates in North America. Under its leadership team of General Director Alexander Neef and Music Director Johannes Debus, the COC is increasingly capturing the opera world’s attention. The COC maintains its international reputation for artistic excellence and creative innovation by creating new productions within its diverse repertoire, collaborating with leading opera companies and festivals, and attracting the world’s foremost Canadian and international artists. The COC performs in its own opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, hailed internationally as one of the finest in the world. Designed by Diamond Schmitt Architects, the Four Seasons Centre opened in 2006. For more information on the COC, visit coc.ca.
Interested persons are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via e‐mail no later than Monday, December 10th, 2018.
Ticket Services Manager
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E.
Only applications post‐marked by December 10th will be considered. The COC thanks, in advance, all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The COC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.