The Canadian Opera House Corporation, affiliated with the Canadian Opera Company, is now accepting applications for the part-time position of Security Guard at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts located at 145 Queen St. W. Toronto. This opportunity will appeal to a confident individual with exceptional customer service and communication skills. The hours of work will vary covering day, evening and night shifts, and include weekends and statutory holidays.
- Perform and maintain access control for stage door entrance and emergency exits
- Alarm monitoring and responding to duress alarms, intrusion alarms and door alarms
- Key management control including daily key audits and main key ledgers
- Report writing such as daily incident and occurrence reports and daily memo-book reporting
- Monitoring and surveillance of cameras
- Patrol common areas such as box office, mechanical areas, entrances, restricted areas and building perimeter
- Perform and assist with emergency response as outlined in the Health and Safety Manual
- Follow procedures as outlined in the Building Fire Safety plan
- Execute duties at all times in a manner consistent with safe working practices and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Perform and execute duties in accordance with the department policies and procedures
- All applicants must be in possession of a valid Ontario Security Guard Licence and have a current First Aid/CPR/Defibrillator certification
- Minimum two years’ security experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Operating knowledge of Fire Panel
- Operating knowledge of card-access control software
- Work a minimum of 3 overnight weekend shifts per month
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and strong communication skills
- Previous report writing experience
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations in a confident and professional manner
- Team player with a friendly demeanor
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and climb stairs
- Ability to work with a high volume of staff, patrons and the general public
ABOUT THE CANADIAN OPERA COMPANY
Based in Toronto, the Canadian Opera Company is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the largest in North America. The COC enjoys a loyal audience support-base and one of the highest attendance and subscription rates in North America. Under its leadership team of General Director Alexander Neef and Music Director Johannes Debus, the COC is increasingly capturing the opera world’s attention. The COC maintains its international reputation for artistic excellence and creative innovation by creating new productions within its diverse repertoire, collaborating with leading opera companies and festivals, and attracting the world’s foremost Canadian and international artists. The COC performs in its own opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, hailed internationally as one of the finest in the world. Designed by Diamond Schmitt Architects, the Four Seasons Centre opened in 2006. For more information on the COC, visit coc.ca.
Please email resumes with a cover letter to:
Joe Waldherr, Associate Director, Facilities Management, Canadian Opera House Corporation.
Only applications received by June 25, 2018 will be considered. The COC thanks, in advance, all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Opera Company is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Date Posted: May 31, 2018