Patron Services Uniform Lead
The Patron Services Uniform Lead will be part of the Canadian Opera Company team at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts. Reporting to the Patron Services Management, the successful candidate will provide Alterations and Inventory control for the Uniforms of the department as well as administrative support for the Patron Services department. Department operations include Front of House & Food & Beverage.
- Perform fittings for Patron Services staff uniforms, altering garments when necessary
- Demonstrate and enforce uniform standards and dress code
- Solve problems as they arise, to ensure all staff are presentable while working
- Oversee staff lockers, staff uniforms, linens, and dry cleaning service
- Maintain records of locker and uniform assignments, and document repairs and alterations
- Prepare orders for uniform stock and first aid kit supplies, with an eye for stewardship of resources
- Provide administrative support to the Patron Services team, as needed
- Provide customer service support to Patrons, as needed
- 3+ years of professional sewing and alterations experience, or equivalent education
- Hand-sewing sufficient to hem pants and replace buttons (samples requested)
- Machine sewing sufficient to replace invisible- and fly-zippers (samples requested)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to prioritize, set and meet deadlines, and manage unstructured time
- Excellent reading comprehension and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to interact with both staff and the general public
- An unfailing attention to detail
- Available to work a varying schedule of evenings and weekends
- Interest in the arts is an asset
ABOUT THE CANADIAN OPERA COMPANY
Based in Toronto, the Canadian Opera Company is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the largest in North America. The COC enjoys a loyal audience support-base and one of the highest attendance and subscription rates in North America. Under its leadership team of General Director Alexander Neef and Music Director Johannes Debus, the COC is increasingly capturing the opera world’s attention. The COC maintains its international reputation for artistic excellence and creative innovation by creating new productions within its diverse repertoire, collaborating with leading opera companies and festivals, and attracting the world’s foremost Canadian and international artists. The COC performs in its own opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, hailed internationally as one of the finest in the world. Designed by Diamond Schmitt Architects, the Four Seasons Centre opened in 2006. For more information on the COC, visit coc.ca.
Please mail or e-mail resumes with a cover letter to:
Patron Services Management
Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts
145 Queen St. W.
Toronto, ON M5H 4G1
Only applications post marked by 5pm on Monday August 27th, 2018 will be considered. The COC thanks, in advance, all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please.
Date Posted: June 8, 2018