Co-ordinator, Traffic Management
The Canadian Opera Company (COC) aims to bring the transformative experience of opera to our local, national, and global audience every day of the year.
In accordance with our COC365 Strategic Plan, the COC is reimagining and expanding its organizational structure—from digital to physical—by creating a new and highly collaborative Philanthropy & Audiences department. This is a paradigm-shifting moment for the organization, offering an opportunity for increased impact and greater integration of the diverse efforts and programs by which audiences learn about, engage with, and support the COC.
To help achieve this goal, the COC is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Co-ordinator, Traffic Management who will be responsible for overseeing the scheduling, timelines, and progress on all creative projects that are in development with the COC’s advertising agency.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, Brand & Media, the Co-ordinator, Traffic Management is the main point of contact between the COC and its external creative partners, ensuring that timelines, approvals, and production of collateral are kept on track.
- Develop and manage master workback schedules for all creative projects internally and externally
- Work closely with internal creative and design teams to manage priorities with external agency
- Manage the completeness of content at every stage of project lifecycle
- Co-ordinate the approvals process for all creative components
- Proactively address cascading changes to creative elements
- Regularly communicate status updates on all projects, determine and anticipate any challenges or delays with outstanding tasks, and address proactively
- Manage a digital resource area consolidating all logos, photos, copy decks, etc., to ensure consistency in the use of all components across various creative projects
- Co-ordinate and oversee installation of physical and electronic signage as appropriate
- Proven experience with 1-2 years in a co-ordinator or project management role or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated track record of managing work flow with high attention to detail while meeting deadlines
- Exceptionally well-organized and detail-oriented, with superior time-management skills
- Able to stay cool under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills, creative thinking, and propensity for problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- High interest to learn new technology
- Must be able to act and think creatively
- Displays a strong work ethic with a goal to achieve
ABOUT THE CANADIAN OPERA COMPANY
Based in Toronto, the Canadian Opera Company is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the largest in North America. The COC enjoys a loyal audience support-base and one of the highest attendance and subscription rates in North America. Under its leadership team of General Director Alexander Neef and Music Director Johannes Debus, the COC is increasingly capturing the opera world’s attention. The COC maintains its international reputation for artistic excellence and creative innovation by creating new productions within its diverse repertoire, collaborating with leading opera companies and festivals, and attracting the world’s foremost Canadian and international artists. The COC performs in its own opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, hailed internationally as one of the finest in the world. Designed by Diamond Schmitt Architects, the Four Seasons Centre opened in 2006. For more information on the COC, visit coc.ca.
Interested persons are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via e-mail or mail, stating salary expectations, no later than Thursday, March 8, 2018 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E. Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
The Canadian Opera Company thanks, in advance, all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The COC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2018