Coordinator, Annual Programs & Patron Engagement Opportunity
The Coordinator, Annual Programs & Patron Engagement will be part of a very active individual giving team. Under the direction of the Senior Development Officer, Annual Programs & Patron Engagement, the successful candidate will help facilitate the gift renewal and fulfillment process for individual donors making annual gifts that are greater than $2,250 and will provide support with the stewardship of this vital group of donors.
The President’s Council and Golden Circle programs are the COC’s premier patron programs. With a revenue target of
$3 million and close to 550 members, the President’s Council (PC) and the Golden Circle (GC) play a significant role in the COC’s annual fundraising goals.
- Donor servicing : answer dedicated phone line; process ticket exchanges; process subscription and single-ticket purchases; provide excellent customer service for PC and GC members
- Coordinate the annual President’s Council and Golden Circle renewal and fulfillment letter process and gift coding in collaboration with the Senior Development Officer, Annual Programs and Patron Engagement
- Work as part of Individual Giving team to build sustainable relationships and foster engagement among new and returning members
- Facilitate PC and GC gift follow-up communications
- Create and execute programming and activities for new PC and GC members along with the Annual Programs and Patron Engagement team
- Maintain event and performance attendance records
- Facilitate administration of on-site ticket pickups (Welcome Desk) for PCs and GCs for mainstage performances
- Maintain donor recognition listings
- Provide support for donor prospecting campaigns
- Coordinate Reserved Parking
- Coordinate mass email communication projects using WordFly
- Track staff schedule for on-site performance duties
- Coordinate calls and follow-ups for credit card processing errors
- Attend events and performances as necessary
- Assist with donor record maintenance, in hard files and Tessitura (patron database)
- Provide general administrative support to the Individual Giving and Events department
- Other duties as required
- The ability to achieve in a fast-paced, demanding environment, where attention to detail and organizational skills are paramount
- Post-secondary education and previous exposure to customer service, development and fundraising
- Excellent public relations and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with donors, volunteers, staff and the general public in an efficient yet tactful manner
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and multiple deadlines
- Strategic planner and creative thinker, with an ability to problem solve with diplomacy and tact
- Strong computer skills including word processing, mail merges, spreadsheets and database/information management. Experience with the Tessitura database system an asset
- Consideration given to previous experience in an arts or not-for-profit work environment, and an appreciation of opera as a cultural art form
- Independent self-starter with negotiation skills and high initiative
- Able to respect and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Able to work evenings and weekends throughout the year, as required
This is a full-time position with benefits.<
ABOUT THE CANADIAN OPERA COMPANY
Based in Toronto, the Canadian Opera Company is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the largest in North America. The COC enjoys a loyal audience including a dedicated base of subscribers. Under its leadership team of General Director Alexander Neef and Music Director Johannes Debus, the company has an international reputation for artistic excellence and creative innovation. Its diverse repertoire includes new commissions and productions, local and international collaborations with leading opera companies and festivals, and attracts the world’s foremost Canadian and international artists. The COC Academy is an incubator for the future of the art form, nurturing Canada’s new wave of opera creators with customized training and support. The COC performs in its own opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, hailed internationally as one of the finest in the world. For more information, visit coc.ca.
Interested persons are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via email or mail, stating salary expectations, no later than Friday, November 1, 2019 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E. Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
Only applications received by Friday, November 1, 2019 will be considered. The Canadian Opera Company thanks, in advance, all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The COC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Date Posted: October 9, 2019