- An introduction to opera history and the plot of a mainstage opera
- A drama workshop with an artist educator
- A vocal music session with one of our Ensemble Members
- An option for a customized workshop tailored to your group – learn a piece from the opera you’re seeing that evening as an ensemble, meet a member of the orchestra, or do something different and explore the opera through drama or dance – it’s up to you!*
- A backstage tour of the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts
*Custom Workshops require booking 6 – 8 weeks in advance.
- Explore career opportunities in the arts by speaking with professional opera singers, musicians, stage technicians, and arts administrators
- Learn more about vocal health and safe practices
- Operatic history and terminology
- Encourage reflection and discussion about the performance in your classroom
ADD ON TICKETS TO SEE THE OPERA
Many school groups put their learning into practice and pair Living Opera with tickets to an opera later the same day. This season, pair your Living Opera workshop with tickets to the opera for only $30/student! Contact the Education & Outreach department at email@example.com or by phone at 416-306-2392.
Duration/Group Size: Three hours, groups of 30 to 40
Availability: Select afternoons in the fall, winter and spring terms – see below for details
Location: Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, 145 Queen St. W.
Fee: $30/student (workshop + opera, if ordered at the same time), $22/teacher
Booking: Complete an inquiry form online
LIVING OPERA IS PRESENTED BY