The Big COC Podcast - Episode 24By Danielle D'Ornellas Posted in The Big COC Podcast
The Big COC Podcast - Episode 23By Danielle D'OrnellasPosted in The Big COC Podcast
By Gianmarco Segato, Adult Programs Manager
For Episode 23, the “Winding down with Dignity and Grace” edition, we welcome back opera journalist Joseph So, Ali Kashani, the COC’s Associate Director, Institutional Gifts (and opera aficionado) and, for the first time, Toronto-based arts journalist Catherine Kustanczy. Gianmarco Segato, the COC’s Adult Programs Manager is your host.
As one would expect in the opera world, not all the drama happens on the stage:
- Bloggers, tweeters, journalists and podcasters could all agree on the biggest story this week: the surprising announcement that San Diego Opera will close down operations, one year short of its 50th anniversary
- Parterre Box correspondent “Dawn Fatale” does some forensic accounting at the MET
- We lament the sad passing of the late, great and controversial opera manager Gerard Mortier and muse on how his legacy has influenced the COC
- It’s a Jonas Kaufmann love-in as Catherine and Joseph share opinions on the MET’s HD transmission of Massenet’s Werther
- The Three Tenors, Vanessa Mae, Sarah Brightman – the 90s are back – but did they really almost destroy classical music?
The Big COC Podcast Episode 22By Danielle D'Ornellas Posted in The Big COC Podcast